– Use of this online renewal service is strictly voluntary.
– This online renewal procedure requires you to sign up for an eHawaii.gov account. There are no additional costs to sign up. You will also need to provide the last four digits of your social security number or DCCA/PVLD assigned file number and other personal information. The transaction must be completed by submitting a payment of all fees using a credit card or checking account. The transaction is conducted on a secured server and uses encryption.
YOU WILL NEED:
– A valid email address.
– Your license number.
– Your social security number (last 4 digits) or DCCA/PVLD assigned file number (last 4 digits).
– Your VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit card number and expiration date or your checking account information (routing and account number).
– All Contractor (active status) Licensees Except RMEs Will Also Need:
– A current and valid Hawaii State tax clearance from the Hawaii Department of Taxation (DOTAX). The system may request your tax number for verification; Acceptable tax numbers include the Hawaii Tax I.D. (W+8 digit number), Federal Employer I.D. (FEIN), (9 digit number), Social Security (9 digit number) and temporary FEIN, assigned by DOTAX (H+8 digit number). You further expressly authorize the Hawaii Department of Taxation (DOTAX) to disclose tax clearance information to the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs as your authorized agents to verify the status of your tax clearance.
– After you complete the online renewal process, you will be able to print a receipt page, and, if you provide an email address during the payment process, a receipt will be emailed to you.
– Email addresses submitted with your renewal payment are used solely to email you a receipt or to notify you of payment problems. Email addresses submitted with your renewal payment will not be used for any other purpose and will not be exchanged or otherwise provided to any third party.
– One of the numerous legal requirements that you must meet in order for your new license to be issued is the payment of fees as set forth in this application. You may be able to download a license certificate before the payment you submitted for your required fees is honored by your bank. If your payment is dishonored, you will have failed to pay the required licensing fees and your license will not be valid, and you may not do business under that license. Also, a $25.00 service charge shall be assessed for payments that are dishonored for any reason including but not limited to, invalid routing and/or account numbers, insufficient funds, stop payments, disputes and/or challenges.
– All renewal applications submitted via this online service are not automatically renewed and are subject to verification.
– Name changes are not permitted for online license renewal. You must submit your renewal application and supporting name change documents by mail or in person.
– If you have been convicted of a crime in the past 2 years for biennial renewals or 3 years for triennial renewals, or have been subject to disciplinary action in the past 2 years for biennial renewals or 3 years for triennial renewals, or have a disciplinary action pending against you, your license is not eligible for online renewal and you must submit your renewal application and supporting documents by mail or in person.
– If you are not eligible for online renewal or if you prefer you may renew by mail to DCCA/PVLD, P.O. Box 3469, Honolulu, HI 96801 or in person at 335 Merchant Street, Room 301, Honolulu, HI.
– If you need a hardcopy renewal application contact the PVL Licensing Branch at 808-586-3000.
– I agree to conduct a transaction with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs, State of Hawaii, by electronic means.
– I agree to submit a renewal application by electronic means. I understand that my electronic renewal application has the same legal effect and legal consequences as a signed paper document.
– I agree that the laws of the State of Hawaii apply to this transaction.
– I agree that the deadlines and times applicable to this transaction are Hawaii Standard Time.
– I agree that it is my responsibility for timely renewing my license and satisfying the renewal requirements provided by law. I understand that the inability to access or use this online service regardless of reason(s) including but not limited to technical difficulties is not a justification for not submitting my renewal by the license expiration date.
– I understand that my license expires on the License Expiration Date shown on this renewal application. I understand that if I fail to renew my license by the license expiration date I am unlicensed and shall not practice. I further understand that I may resume practice only after I have met all appropriate restoration requirements.
– I certify that the statements contained in this application are true and correct. I understand that misrepresentation is grounds for board refusal to renew or subsequent suspension or revocation of license.